We have put together a fantastic two-week package full of history, culture and traditions. There will be several private events organized exclusively for us.
We will have with us Victor T. Foia, our native Transylvanian author, to share his insights and provide historical background about the fascinating subject of Dracula.
We will also have an English-speaking guide and our own air-conditioned bus throughout the tour.
1. THE PARIS OF THE EAST – BUCHAREST Our tour starts in Bucharest where we spend three nights at the elegant 5 star Athenee Palace Hilton Hotel in the heart of the capital… (read more)
2. REALM OF DRACULA – TARGOVISTE & SNAGOV Our first foray out of Bucharest is to Targoviste, the capital of the former kingdom of Wallachia during Dracula times… (read more)
3. DRACULA’S LAIR – POIENARI CASTLE The ruins of Poienari Fortress stand high on a cliff overlooking the Arges River, at the foothills of the Carpathian Mountains… (read more)
4. BLACK CHURCH ORGAN – BRASOV Fringed by the peaks of the Southern Carpathian Mountains and resplendent with gothic, baroque and renaissance architecture… (read more)
5. TRANSYLVANIAN FORTRESSES – FAGARAS & RASNOV Romania is home to some of the best preserved medieval towns, castles, citadels and fortresses in Europe… (read more)
6. BRAN CASTLE Definitely a highlight of our tour, this is what most people think of as Dracula’s Castle… (read more)
7. MIKLOSVAR Spend a day in a sleepy village of Miklosvar, inhabited by the Transylvanian Hungarian minority called Szekelys, and meet real Transylvanian Count Tibor Kalnoky… (read more)
8. VISCRI We spend three nights in an authentically restored village house in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Viscri… (read more)
9. MEADOW FLORA OF TRANSYLVANIA Renowned British expert on Transylvania meadow flowers, Professor John Akeroyd, spends a morning with us telling us all about the incredibly rich and unique flowers of that region… (read more)
10. GYPSY MUSIC One of the evenings in the village of Viscri is spent around a bonfire listening to a live Gypsy band playing traditional music for us… (read more)
11. SIGHISOARA Sighisoara (Schässburg to the Saxons), the birthplace of Dracula, is a town of ‘gingerbread’ houses straight out of the pages of a fairy-tale… (read more)
12. SAXON TRANSYLVANIA – SIBIU & ASTRA Sibiu’s Old Town retains the grandeur of its earlier days and has a distinctly Germanic feeling. We also visit ASTRA Open Air Village Museum, located in the middle of a dense forest and surrounded by a beautiful lake, which features… (read more)
13. THE GREAT FORTRESS OF HUNYADI The spectacular Hunedoara Castle, also known as Corvin’s Castle or Hunyadi Castle, is a 14th century Gothic-style castle complete with drawbridge and towers… (read more)
14. OLT RIVER VALLEY We follow a scenic route via the Red Tower Pass and the beautiful Olt River Valley, to the last place on our journey: the final resting place of Vlad’s grandfather Mircea and his beloved Oma… (read more)